Help us raise enough money to adopt

Thank you for helping us raise money for our adoption.

Thursday, July 8, 2010

It has been almost a week since we have gone back to just the two of us + three dogs and some fish. I can't remember the last time this house was so quiet, well except when the kids were getting into trouble. Last night Blaine and I started some more foster classes on how to better help youth. The teacher made this statement and it has just stuck with me. "Respect is not how you act but who you are" I have a hard time with "kids these days" and lack of respect. I am a firm believer that everything starts with respect. If you have respect for god, others, and yourself that your behavior will show that.

Currently Blaine and I are unsure where we are going with our life. We are taking at least one more placement and then seeing how we feel about things after that. But until we get kids we are just enjoying each other. I have found it hard to cook for just the two of us though. Sometimes it just seems like such a hassle for two people.

We have been advised of a possible adoption situation. I don't have many details but wouldn't mind prayers.

This weekend we went to my home town. We had a family reunion that the hubby and I helped my dad make a dutch oven dinner for. I sure am blessed to have been raised in such amazing country and to have such an awesome family. I didn't realize how amazing they were until I realized that they weren't the norm.  We played volleyball at this said reunion... I STILLLLLL hurt... I feel I may be getting old. But it was A LOT of fun.

No comments: