Help us raise enough money to adopt

Thank you for helping us raise money for our adoption.

Monday, March 8, 2010

This Saturday I babysat four kids 9 year old boy, a 4 year old girl, a 2 year old little boy and a 5 month old infant. To say the least it was a day, there was ruining someone's playing card, there was hitting, there was my 3 month old puppy being thrown off the top bunk bed, there was a baby that wouldn't sleep for more then 15 minutes at a time, this same baby was also exercising her vocal chords with screaming. Needles to say I kept looking at the clock waiting for the time when mom and dad would come pick them up and I could tattle on them and send them on their way. I for the first time "knew" there was no way that I was fit for foster care, I was having a hard time babysitting how could I handle having kids left and my house and being their "mom" I was ready to call and say "just kidding I don't think I am cut out to be a foster mom" and then the kids were gone and my house was so deafeningly quiet. So now just new rules,
1- dogs are not aloud on the bed during "play time"
2- If you break it you do chores to earn money to replace it
3- Babies must nap longer then 15 minutes
4- "exercising the vocal chords" is only aloud somewhere else when I am not there
5- adults get nap time too
6- hitting is not okay and I will chop off your hands no questions asked

Now I am sure this list will grow greatly.

Now I know better then to whine to everyone about how quiet my house is, I however will still continue to whine about it until I get a noisy house again..

No comments: